Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

Asian Mandarin Chicken Salad

  I have never been this excited about a recipe before! Usually my motto is "Under sell, over deliver" (a useful bit of advice heard during a recent political campaign). But really! I think you will love it. It is the best salad I have ever eaten. Here it is in all its awesome glory~
 It requires some planning ahead but that is part of the reason it tastes SO good so don't skip the marinading step. I start mine in the morning and then we eat it that night. Here is the recipe~

Asian Mandarin Chicken Salad
1 box bowtie pasta (cooked al dente in salted water)
2 rotisserie chicken breasts, chopped (if it's a scrawny chicken, use the meat from the whole chicken lol)
1/4 c. sliced green onions
1/2 c. sliced almonds that have been toasted in 1 T. butter
1 small bag of spinach with stems removed (optional)
1 bag sugar snap peas
2 lg.size cans mandarin oranges (drained)
Dressing
Make one batch for the marinade and another for right before serving.
1/3 c. soy sauce
1/3 c. red wine vinegar
1/3 c. oil (I use half canola and half sesame. The sesame flavor is very important to the flavor of the salad)
2 T. sugar
1/2 t. salt
pepper to taste

Pour one batch of dressing over cooked pasta and chopped chicken. Refrigerate over night or all day. Before serving, add the rest of the salad ingredients and second batch of dressing.


I hope you enjoy it as much as me and my family do! Blessings to you~

People who read this post also read :



2 comments:

  1. Bless your heart for putting up a new salad recipe!!! I was completely out of ideas, and we eat salads a lot for supper in the summer. Can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for bringing this to our get together. It was yummy!

    ReplyDelete