Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

One Seam Flying Geese

We have five new babies coming thanks to our nieces and nephews and I think this calls for some quiting! I love to give hand made gifts for new babies and, if I have the time, I prefer to give a quilt. Some day I will show you the precious quilt my SIL made for my first baby. It is SO special because it has fabric from clothing and curtains from my childhood home.

When I found this easy, one seam flying geese pattern I knew I had to try it. Now I wouldn't make them any other way! No little pieces to sew, no bias edges to deal with and very little, if any, squaring up to do. The person who figured this out is brilliant!

Since it is a three-D type method, the short sides of the triangle "geese" can either be left as is or anchored down as you do the quilting like I did.

 I did a large loop design in the borders because I had machine appliquéd airplanes in two corners and I imagined the stunt pilot making loops.


The completed quilt!


People who read this post also read :



No comments:

Post a Comment