Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

Yellow Ribbon Quilt

When a dear friend sadly told me her son was being deployed for the third time, I knew I wanted to make a quilt for her. Something to snuggle up in while she prays for him each day. A reminder that I care and will be "praying him home" along with her. 


You probably noticed there are apples on a tree that is supposed to be an "old OAK tree", as the song goes. Since we don't have oak trees where we live I thought it was more appropriate but sometimes I wish I had kept with the traditional song. The free pattern can be found here.
You can barely see it but I had his name embroidered on the ribbon to personalize it. I always hand write my labels, mostly because I don't have the right type of printer to make them on my computer. I do think it's kind of special to have the actual hand writing of the gift giver on the label of a hand made gift.

Blessings to you,

People who read this post also read :



No comments:

Post a Comment