Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Cherry Sweet Rolls with Rhubarb Jam

 For one 24-hour period it got cool enough to actually turn on my oven! I knew it had to be for something really good and I had been saving this recipe for such a time as this. They were worth the wait and you can find the recipe here at Barbara Bakes. This dough feels SO good in your hands! I think it's all the eggs and butter. Yum! Sadly, I had no anise but they were delish anyway.
Also, where it calls for black cherry jam, I substituted my homemade rhubarb/strawberry jam.
                                                        Rhubarb Strawberry Jam 
                                        4 c. chopped rhubarb
                                        4 c. sugar
                                        1 box frozen, sweetened strawberries
                                        1 (3oz.) box strawberry gelatin
Mix rhubarb, berries and sugar. Cook and stir for 15 minutes from the time it boils. Remove from heat and stir in gelatin until it is dissolved. Pour into jars or freezer containers. It thickens as it cools. I leave one in the fridge at a time and freeze the rest.
Variation: Use 5 c. rhubarb, 4c. sugar, 1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple and 2 (3oz.) pkg. strawberry gelatin.

Sweet blessings to you~

People who read this post also read :



3 comments:

  1. OH!!!
    I'm SURE you tried to call me to come enjoy these gorgeous rolls and jam with you, but the message got erased by accident or something. Drats. Now I'll have to make them myself, but it won't be the same...

    Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ladies! Mary, I'm afraid they would have been gone by the time you got here!

    ReplyDelete